The Answerphone service works like a normal answer machine, it
answer's the call, plays a prompt and then records a message storing
it for later retrieval. The message left is stored in a mailbox
which can be setup to alert you via email or SMS that a new message
has been left, this can then be retrieved by the web, a phone call
(using a voice mail retrieval service) or it can be emailed as an
Do you ever have a need to take names and addresses from people
over the phone? Do you always have enough staff to cope with the
busy periods - or too many when it's quiet?
The Answerphone Service can be setup to allow recording of specific
items of information (generally name and address details) which
are then sent via an email to an address defined by you. Instead
of having to deal with calls in real time you can let this service
handle them for you and respond to them when you are free.
An example service would be a 24-hour brochure request line. This
would consist of a telephone number of your choice linked to a registration
service which requested callers to leave their name and address
for the required brochure or catalogue to be posted to them. When
the call was finished the recorded information would be sent via
At present this service delivers the recorded voice message from
the caller as an attachment to the email recipient. In future releases
this will be extended to incorporate voice recognition of postcode
or zip information allowing textual address information to be provided
in the email.
Like all Callagenix services, answerphone lines can be set up and
operated in a test environment free of charge. Simply click Free
Trial to create a test account.
- 24-hour automatic call answering with fully customisable messages.
- Multiple mailboxes available.
- Messages can be emailed as attachments, accessed by web or picked
up via the phone.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous calls.
- Message left notification via email and SMS.
- A list of callers' numbers can optionally be created.
- Incoming faxes can be diverted to a mailbox, using a fax service.
- Customisable call counters to allow easy calculation of calls
- Choice of telephone numbers.
- Full on-line call statistics.
- Text-to-speech capabilities.
- Services can be set to start and end on customisable dates